Friday, July 27, 2007

Still blessings

Psalm 42:11 Why are you in despair, O my soul? And why have you become disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him for the help of His presence.
I've been down the last 36 hours with a migrain. . . probably one of the worst ones I've ever had to deal with. But even in the midst of it I was able to recognize a few blessings. The first one was that Josh got home just in time for the worst of it, so I did not have to be alone. He held my head, brought hot towels, held my hair back when I was throwing up and slept on the floor near me until I was able to get up to bed. What an amazing man! Another was that Noah and Bronwen went to bed early and to sleep right away. They never saw how bad it was. In the morning, Noah took care of things. He kept Madie (yes, it was my day to have her) and Bronwen quietly playing upstairs and helped Bronwen in the bathroom when she needed it. He even dressed her . . .and she let him! Little Annabelle had a bad night, but a good day so I was able to rest while she napped. And finally, mom was able to get away from the office in the afternoon and pick up Noah and Bronwen for the night so I could rest more. This morning, the storm has passed and I just feel bruised, but so loved and cared for that my heart is bursting. I don't know if I'll ever find permanent relief from migraines, but I know that He will never give me more than I can handle!

4 comments:

Brittani Renee said...

Aww I hope you are feeling better!
I'm doing better- slowly eating and such, Ive had a headache off and on for most of the week so I can only imagine what yours is like.
Now my class is done and I'm on the FT job hunt until summer is over.
I'll be praying for you
Love you
-b

ANGEL said...

sorry to hear about your head...those are really really nasty :{

hope you're feeling much better

love ya!

Jayme said...

Jen, I'm so sorry about your migrain! Of course, I had no idea and feel badly when I find out after the fact...What an angel Josh has been. I am so thankful for him for ministering to you when I cannot!

Christine said...

Your strength is amazing, Jeny. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. Give Josh a big hug for me. I'm glad you are better today. Love you, sister.
xoxo