Monday, July 16, 2007

Beach Party

This morning I awoke to the smells of coffee drifting up the stairs. Josh had been up much earlier and made coffee and pancakes, and had cleaned the kitchen and set the table! A bouquet of balloons was on the table and "Happy Birthday" was playing on the ipod. When Bronwen heard that daddy had made pancakes, she started giggling uncontrollably.

After church, we ran home, packed the van and headed to the only other place I wanted to be today . . . the beach! My favorite beach is Lion's Park in St. Joe Michigan, about an hour away. It would have been hard for the weather to have been any nicer. The breeze kept us cool and the water was warm. Beautiful boats of all kinds festooned the watery vision ahead of our sandy perch.








On the way home, all three little ones fell fast asleep with visions of seagulls and waves and sand dancing in their heads.

"Don't you get too sleepy Josh, you have to get us home!"
Yes, I had a very good birthday!








3 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Birthday Jeny! Sorry it's a day late. I'm glad that you had a great day :-)

Christine said...

It WAS a great day! Love all the pictures! And love you!

Jayme said...

Wow, gorgeous pictures!! I love the one with the sailboat. It looks like the water is full of diamonds. It is all just as I pictured in my mind. What a memorable birthday.