Saturday, July 7, 2007

It began with pancakes . . .

. . .the perfect summer day. Josh has been on vacation this week and this morning I got to sleep in until 8:30! When Bronwen woke up, Noah got her out of her bed, took her to the bathroom and gave her some cereal to eat while they waited for breakfast. When I came down, Josh was making pancakes!

And I was able to nurse Annabelle and play with her for a little while without having to rush on to making breakfast for everyone else. They were really delicious pancakes. See Jayme, we're using the Foreman grill . . . Josh loves it.

After breakfast we packed a lunch and headed to Merrifield park's splash pad. Although it was a very hot day, the water was icy. Refreshing!
Noah didn't want to stay very long because he didn't know any of the kids there, and the water was too cold for Bronwen. Josh and I took turns playing in the water with them while Annabelle slept in the shade.




After the park we went home for naps. While the girls slept, Noah and I shared some quality time and Josh took care of some important business. He signed up for classes and will be back into his masters program beginning July 31st. I'm so proud of him, and happy that he'll be back in class. He's about half way through, and I know that although he needed the time off, he was anxious to finish.
For dinner we drove up to Stevensville MI to our favorite pizza place which was open this time. (Remember my earlier blog when we drove up on a Saturday afternoon for lunch only to discover they were not open until 4?!) After pizza, we found this quiet little park on a pond where we enjoyed some custard and played on the jungle gym. It was all so beautiful, but I forgot my camera! So you'll have to use your imagination.
Then we were homeward bound to the sound of Bronwen singing. (She loves to sing and will turn almost any situation into an improv. Life is her musical!)
We ended the perfect day with devotions and prayers as usual. But tonight, I asked Noah and Bronwen if they had any prayer requests . . . anyone they wanted to specifically pray for. Noah chose to pray for Miss Katie and her family and Bronwen chose to pray for Uncle Johnny. It was so beautiful. I love how their prayer lives are growing, it is really amazing to watch how they are maturing. Now they lie sleeping, each in his/her own bed, hopefully dreaming of more days like today. I know I will be!

2 comments:

Brittani Renee said...

Sounds like a perfect day to me!
love ya
-b

ANGEL said...

...and so are these!

Love ya ;}