Saturday, July 7, 2007

Peace

The true peace of God begins at any spot a thousand miles from the nearest land. ~Joseph Conrad





Ocean: A body of water occupying two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills. ~Ambrose Bierce






The sea hath no king but God alone. ~Dante Gabriel Rossetti, The White Ship







The lakes are something which you are unprepared for; they lie up so high, exposed to the light, and the forest is diminished to a fine fringe on their edges, with here and there a blue mountain, like amethyst jewels set around some jewel of the first water, - so anterior, so superior, to all the changes that are to take place on their shores, even now civil and refined, and fair as they can ever be. ~Henry David Thoreau








I find myself at the extremity of a long beach. How gladly does the spirit leap forth, and suddenly enlarge its sense of being to the full extent of the broad, blue, sunny deep! A greeting and a homage to the Sea! I descend over its margin, and dip my hand into the wave that meets me, and bathe my brow. That far-resounding roar is the Ocean's voice of welcome. His salt breath brings a blessing along with it. ~Nathaniel Hawthorne, "Foot-prints on the Sea-shore"





The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea. ~Isak Dinesen




For whatever we lose (like a you or a me),It's always our self we find in the sea.~e.e. cummings

2 comments:

ANGEL said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Brittani Renee said...

No, I don't know that person.

I'll have to send you a flyer- I need to print some more but I also have an exam coming up for my independent study! bleh.
Are you going to Jason's this weekend? I have to babysit so I don't think I'll be there long but I'll be there right when it starts :)
Yes baby Anna is here! She was born Friday around 5:30pm :) I need to put some pictures up of her.
Have a great day
-b