Friday, August 24, 2007

Grow

For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations. Isaiah 61:11

I was given a pot of herb seeds by one of my piano students quite awhile ago. Earlier this month I decided to finally get them started. Excited by thoughts of pinching fresh herbs while I cooked, I tenderly mixed the soil and covered the little seeds. Then, carefully following the instructions to keep the soil damp, I faithfully watered. Very quickly I was rewarded for these efforts because it was only a day or two or four when these little green heads peeked through the browness. But, quite unfortunately, that is all the further they developed. "Well," I thought, "maybe these few are just eager and sprouted early, I'll just give the rest more time." Sadly the rest never appeared, and even these little sprouts began to fade and die. Probably the seeds were just too old. There must be a lesson in there somewhere, even if it's just about procrastination. I'll let you take what you will from this little lesson.
Have a great weekend!
I said, ‘Plant the good seeds of righteousness,and you will harvest a crop of love. Plow up the hard ground of your hearts, for now is the time to seek the Lord, that he may come and shower righteousness upon you.’ Hosea 10:12

No comments: