Thursday, August 9, 2007

The best thing one can do when it's raining is to let it rain. ~Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

And so I did. Let it rain that is.
It is amazing to me that I can still feel a trembling fear deep inside when the loudest of thunder claps. Maybe its a fear that my children will be frightened by the sound, but I don't think so. Not completely anyway. In the last few storms that have moved across this area there have been several startling rolls and claps of thunder. They make you jump and leave you with your heart thudding against your chest, wondering if the next will be worse. Ahh, the beauty of a summer storm.
I must confess that my cold has gotten the best of me this morning. We are having a slow, laid back day because of it. Right now Madie is playing the piano quietly and Noah is reading to Annabelle. Bronwen fell asleep while playing at the foot of the stairs earlier, so she is now finishing her nap on my bed. She had gotten up at 6:30 to go to the bathroom and because that is also when the storm began, she could not go back to sleep. She accompanied me downstairs to wait for Madie.
So, it looks like it is going to be an artsy kind of day. All three of my charges are drawing and coloring and playing music and reading, tucked away in various parts of the house.
It's a beautiful day.

2 comments:

Jayme said...

Thanks for your comments lately. I guess we are similar in blogging delinquent posts that took us days to finish ;o) I just now have a new one from the 1st. Ha, ha. I will try to figure out how to do a video blog, because I got some great ones from the Beach Boys' concert down at the Esplande tonight! Love you.

Brittani Renee said...

slideshows are UP!
love you