Saturday, June 9, 2007

Scott's card

Philosophy begins in wonder. And, at the end, when philosophic thought has done its best, the wonder remains. ~Alfred North Whitehead

If you've never met a student from the University of Chicago, I'll describe him to you. If you give him a glass of water, he says, "This is a glass of water. But is it a glass of water? And if it is a glass of water, why is it a glass of water?" And eventually he dies of thirst. ~Shelley Berman




Scott graduated from the University of Chicago today! I had fun making a card for him and his very special, serious occasion.
Love ya Scott, congratulations!

1 comment:

Jayme said...

Hey Jen! We loved the card and I feel just terrible that I never got back to you about coming to his graduation. I know I told you tickets were scarce, but I meant to call you again. Anyway, thanks for the incredibly creative and thoughtful card. I was so touched that mom brought cards from you and Christine and Grandma, even though you couldn't join us. I am going to do a blog soon on that beautiful day...