Saturday, May 31, 2008

Race day

The Sunburst took place today downtown. For years now we've watched as the streets around our home get cordoned off for the athletes. This year we registered to run a 5k, but because of two pinched nerves in my back, I just wasn't able to properly train, we downsized to a 5k walk. Now before you think that I wimped out, I was really stepping out aggressively.  We finished our 5k in 49 minutes, but because we walked to the Hall of Fame where the races began, and from the stadium where the races finished, it was almost a 10k.
The weather couldn't have been nicer. It was a wonderful day. I am very satisfied. And I have a new pillow which should help me sleep better. Yeah!

Have a beautiful weekend.

5 comments:

Christine said...

Good for you, Jeny! That's a looong walk.
And your blog looks great! I like the new changes. The blue is very tranquil and the dandelion puff (aka star wish) is whimsical. Absolutely perfect.

jeny said...

Thank you! I'm just trying out the new blog colors. It was my weekend project. Once it was done, I missed my green! I think it is very summery, so I'll go with it for awhile.

Elizabeth said...

WooWoo! You should be proud of the accomplishment! ANd i was a 'great day to be alive' wasn't it!? It was neat to see the changes on your page too!

Mandi said...

Congrats on the 5K Jen! I was thinking of you on Friday night and Saturday, but I never had a chance to e-mail you to see how it went! I hope you are healing and feeling better :)!

jodyfoznot said...

What a great accomplishment! Congratulations!

Love you!