Tuesday, September 4, 2007

From front to back

The last official weekend of summer. (Though technically the season of summer does not end until September 21st I think. I have to squeeze every last drop.)

Friday I got caught up on my front yard garden. What a jungle! With all the rain we've received the plants and weeds looked like they were on steroids. Everything is neatly in it's place now, the debris waiting curbside for pickup tomorrow.

Saturday provided time to get caught up on a few more neglected household chores. And I reveled in a beautiful Sunday of rest.

Labor day was slow paced, with just enough labor and just enough relaxation. I spent much of my free time today getting ready for our first week of school which begins tomorrow. I also edited a 17 page paper for Josh that was due tonight. He is on vacation this week so in between studying, researching and writing he is going to try to finish up a few projects around the house and we are taking the kids to the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago on Wednesday.

This weekend was eventful for Noah and Bronwen too with nonstop Uno tournaments. Anyone and everyone who would indulge them was enlisted. Noah is learning strategy and Bronwen who knows her colors and is doing very well with matching numbers won several games herself.

And today marks the beginning of a new skill for little Annabelle. I put her down for her nap on her tummy and when I went to retrieve her, she was on her back! I knew it was coming soon because she was getting so close to it when she would sleep on her side, but I thought it would be back to front first. So . . . front to back, I wish I could have been there to see it!

3 comments:

Jayme said...

Gardening, UNO, preparing for school, sounds like the perfect holiday weekend! And oh, how I wish I could host you in Chicago for your Acquarium excursion. *sigh*

jeny said...

You're back on line! Are you at school, or is it back up at home?

Brittani Renee said...

Exciting times!
The semester will be a tough one- I am busy and I haven't even started my fieldwork yet. I got a part time position watching twins so that is exciting and I'm trying to apply at a few other places and do photography as much as possible. Feel free to pass the word to anyone you know ;) I can send you more business cards if you want.

Hope the 1st day of school went great- looks like it did by the pictures. How fun!
Love you
-b