Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkin Patching


We went pumpkin patching (as Noah calls it) today. It was a glorious morning, much warmer than in years past. This is a deluxe pumpkin farm with a petting zoo, a playground, a hayride, corn maze and pumpkin patch.




Watchin the funny little pigmy goats on top of their tin-roofed lean to.

Bah bah black faced sheep, have you any wool? Isn't she beautiful? I think her name is Connie.




Bronwen can usually be found wherever the ponies are. That's my girl. Have I mentioned lately how much I want - have always wanted - a horse?





While we waited for our tractor to arrive for the hay ride, the kids kept busy on the playground.




The big kids made their way very quickly through the maze and kept well ahead of me. Annabelle really really enjoyed the corn and was very ready to show her independence. From her vantage point, you couldn't see the sky unless you looked straight up, yet she was unfazed.












After the kids had found their perfect little pumpkins we had lunch, picked out a big pumpkin, and  had a little fun with the wagons. Bringing up the rear, Annabelle entertained herself with dance.
 


I think it's a little like a line dance. She must've been feelin a little bit country, being down on the pumpkin farm and all.

Anything with wheels and Noah is pushing, pulling, driving or parking it.

Not to be outdone by her big brother, Bronwen pulled the wagon with all the pumpkins. She's pretty strong!
Time to go home and have naps. Bronwen asked if we could come back after her nap. I think she's going to make a great farm girl. Actually, all three were pretty happy and that makes me happy. Now, we just need our own farm.

And Annabelle is still dancing.

1 comment:

Jayme said...

Ah! Must've missed this entry...I love all the pictures of course. I think mom texted me about it that day, so I was there in spirit.