Monday, October 1, 2007

Whoever said . . .

Tidiness is next to Godliness? I guess it is if you don't have children.
This is my dining room table in it's current state . . . I didn't even have to stage this!





Here, thanks to Brittani, is a wonderful rendition of one of my favorite passages in the Bible:

I Corinthians 13 “If I live in a house of spotless beauty and everything in its place,
but have not love, I am a housekeeper, not a homemaker.
If I have time for waxing, polishing and decorative achievements,
but have not love, my children learn cleanliness—not godliness.
Love leaves the dust in search of a child’s laugh;
love smiles at the tiny fingerprints on a newly-cleaned window.
Love wipes away the tears before it wipes up the spilled milk.
Love picks up a child before it picks up the toys.
Love crawls with the baby, walks with the toddler, runs with the child
then stands aside to let the youth walk into adulthood.
Before I became a parent, I took glory in my house of perfection.
Now I glory in the Holy Spirit’s perfection of my child.
As a parent there is much I must teach my child, but the greatest of all is love.”

2 comments:

ANGEL said...

Yeah I loved this!!

Hope all is well...can't wait to see ya :)

love ya!

Danielle said...

You have such great pictures on your blog! You are so precious, Jeny, and I can't wait to see you Wednesday night. I forgot you were able to come...what a treat! Thanks for your prayers. They mean so much.