Friday, May 25, 2007

Starwishes



For as long as he has gathered them, Noah has called them 'Starwishes.' I love that. They do look like little stars shooting out of the center. But today, I'm calling them an object lesson for myself. I was trying to take a picture of one, and my camera kept focusing on the background - dead debris, and weeds - I'm not sure what I was doing wrong, but it took several attempts before I got this great close up of a starwish. The background finally faded away.

Then I tried another closeup of this pretty little flower, and again I could only get the background to come into focus. Some of it looks a little interesting - and the clover is even pretty, but there is also more debris. Again, for a split second, things finally came into focus and I saw the bright yellow, softly textured petals, the tiny stamen and even a happy little napping bug - how tiny he must be!
Later when I was looking at my pictures, I realized that these four reminded me of my life sometimes. . . ok, too often. I want to focus on the Lord and my walk with Him, but I often let the other stuff get in the way and take away my focus, take priority. But this stuff in the background, though interesting is just clutter that I'm allowing into my life. It is taking my focus from my Lord and when I bring it back to Him - there is the true beauty and I find the things I was missing . . .the awesome little details.








3 comments:

ANGEL said...

Hey Jen :}

I didn't know you had a blog...I love it and I love this post!!

Hope to hear from you soon and I really really hope you guys can come over for a visit!!!

Love ya ;}
~A~

Brittani Renee said...

ahem! did someone get a blog and not tell another someone? that someone is glad you joined the blogging world

love you
enough said.
-b

Beth said...

Hey Jeny, it's Beth. I'm glad that I found your blog from Britt's blog. Yay :-)